Saturday, July 20, 2013

Wednesday, July 17/2013

The sun is shining this morning and it looks like it is going to be another really nice day.  The garden is loving all this sun and is responding in kind.  I ate the first zucchini out of it a few days ago and it was delicious.  There are a few tomatoes on the vines and there are also baby cucumbers starting.  Life is good in the garden!!
Today I will head into Spiritwood for a few more 2x4s for the fence and will stop and pick up the TV from the furniture place.  I should also take in the rest of the cans (the ones we could not cash in the last time) and maybe pick up a few groceries while I am there.
I am not too inclined as yet, but I had better start thinking about getting into gear.
Back from town and I managed to get everything I needed.  I chose not to bring the TV home as they were planning on delivering it on Friday so thought that would be soon enough.  That way, I had no chance to inflict any damage if I brought it home in the truck with the 12 -2x4s I was also bringing home.  I think it is safer this way!!
When I arrived at home, John was busy building the man gate (soon to be referred to as "Gary's gate").  He had it framed and was putting the finishing touches on it.  I wanted it to match the rest of the fence so it too has wire on it.  I think it looks awesome and once the hinges were on it, we tried it out and it worked great.  Tomorrow, we have to tackle the much bigger gate.  The one that Sheldon will use for rototilling the garden.  It has to be wide enough for his tractor and tiller.  This one could prove a bit more challenging!!
One Gary's gate was done, John fired up the BBQ and got some ribs going.  ......they are going to taste so good.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
The "man" gate
Mmmmm
I made rice and an oriental salad to go with the ribs.  It all was delicious.  We spent a quiet evening watching TV then it was time for me to head to bed.  I still am not fully recovered from yesterday and the wood gathering!!

No comments:

Post a Comment