Monday, July 15, 2013

Friday, July 12/2013

I awoke early this morning and am feeling a bit tired.  Too many days of party, party, party and "the old grey mare" syndrome is starting to affect me.  I really do have to start looking after myself better!!
One can not live life going from one party to the next....can one???
The weather is cloudy and it looks like it could most definitely rain.  It is even chilly here in the bus and if I do not go and find some socks, I may have to just turn on the heater!!  As it turned out, I did turn on the heater to take the chill out of the hair.  Man, we go from 33C down to 10C just over night.  Craziness!!
I had to make a call to the USA census bureau this morning as I had a letter in the mail saying they were doing their census this year and it was a crime for me to not fill out the form.  With that done, I felt  much better as now I am "counted in" in the United States of America!! It is so nice to feel wanted!!
I have those 3 rows of cucumbers to weed yet but for some reason, do not feel so inclined so just may procrastinate a bit longer on that!!
I did make some bush pie filling as I promised Kristie that I would bring some over to the lake for her.  I did give her the "family" recipe but she somehow managed to lose it so now our secret family recipe is out blowing in the wind somewhere for whomever's eyes to see!!  Some people just can not keep a secret!!  LOL
It is now noon and the sun is shining and the rain clouds seem to have moved on.  There is a bit of a wind though and it is doing its best to blow the awning around.  It still looks like an awesome lake day and I am so glad that the weather is cooperating for the lake dwellers.
I have procrastinated long enough and now there is no time to go weed the cucumbers before I have to head to work.  I knew I could wait long enough!!
It was soon time for me to get ready for work and then head on over for my one night shift.  I don't enjoy working the night shifts but I did tell the other RNs to take as many days as they wanted throughout the summer and I would cover their shifts.  It works out well.  They get their summer holidays and I get some hours towards maintaing my registration.  Life is Good!!




No comments:

Post a Comment