Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sunday, July 21/2013

It rained very steadily all night long.  Gee, just when I was wondering if it was time to water the garden, God did it for me!!  Man, did it ever rain though.  It was raining before I went to bed last night and every time I woke up, it was still raining.   Once again, the trails in the forest are going to be wet!!
I was hoping to go and check out the Big River trail that Jace is hoping to use to get to a camping spot in Timberlost for next weekend but I fear all this rain from last night will have made the trail just a bit more unfriendly.  So, perhaps it would be better to wait until tomorrow to tackle it.
The Riders are playing football at 5:00 o'clock this afternoon so we will be busy watching and cheering them on.  Gosh I hope they can maintain their winning streak.
We headed into the man cave for the big game and the Riders were playing excellent football.  They were ahead in no time and by half time, were still ahead,  In fact, the Hamilton Tigercats had yet to post any score on the board.
Gary arrived to watch the second half and at the end on the game the score was 37-0 for the Riders.  Woo Hoo!!  Go Riders Go!!
Dave and Shirley joined us when there was only 5 minutes left in the game so we had a quick chat with them before they headed home.  They had been out on the trails with their Samurai and Dave mentioned to John that he should think about getting ours into running order.  It needs the driveshaft put on and the rear disc brakes installed
Rider is ready for the game!

Cooking the bush pies on the fire pit
.
Once the game was over, we went outside and John started a fire.  Gary was pretty tired and mentioned that he had partied too much yesterday and was still feeling the effects of that so he decided to call it an early night.
John and I sat around the fire until it was time for supper.  He wanted bush pies tonight so I got all the stuff ready and that is what we had.  Once that was done, I was ready to go inside and just relax.  I started watching a movie on TV and ended up watching two.  I finally shut the TV off at 3:00 o'clock in the morning!!  Now that is certainly unusual for me!!  I even outlasted John!!

No comments:

Post a Comment