Saturday, July 20, 2013

Tuesday, July 16/2013

There is lots to do today and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate.  It is sunny out but apparently it will not be too terribly hot so that is a very good thing as I hate working in the sun and if the fence is on the agenda today, well, cool is better for me than hot!!
First things first though, I have been putting off doing the laundry for a few days now so I gathered up the dirty clothes and headed over to the laundromat.  Four loads washed and dried and I was home in just over an hour.  Woo Hoo!!
By the time I got home, John was ready to start on the section of fence that will stand along the garden. No more dogs in the garden!!  Once we started, we did not stop until it was finished.  Now all that remains is the little piece that John wants to do at the end of the garden and he wants to use the left over fence boards for that.  Perhaps tomorrow will see that done but it involves digging three post holes and I am not looking forward to that!!
Once we were done with this section of the fence, Gary arrived home and asked if we were ready for a beer.  Now what kind of a silly question is that??!!!   LOL!!!    I of course,  yelled through the trees that we were just about to head to Church!!   I won't even write down what Gary's response to that was as he came around the evergreens with his little cooler in hand.
While we sat in the shade, enjoying a cool one and looking at the latest expanse of fence, John reminded Gary about putting some sort of end on the cable for the TV so,  Gary went and got his tools and had the end on in about 5 minutes.  He also brought us a cable that is to go from the TV to the receiver.  Now that little job is done!!
Gary left soon after that and John decided that we should make a wood run.  Oh ya, make me walk into the clear cut after I have had 3 beer!!  Jeez Louise.....I think he is trying to kill me!!
We headed off down the road and were soon chucking logs into the back of the truck.  It doesn't take long to get a truck full and once that was achieved, we headed for home.
Back at the bus, John backed the truck up to the wood splitter and while he started splitting and firing the logs into his newly constructed wood bin, I got some potatoes ready for the BBQ.  It was potatoes, onions and carrots cut up with onion soup mix tonight.  That, and BBQ chicken legs.  Mmmm
While the potatoes cooked John and I got the rest of the wood split and into the wood bin.  Man, was tired after that.  I felt so awful that I said to John, "just kill me now"!!
I headed in for a shower while John started a fire.  I popped some Tylenol and poured myself a vodka.  If I was going to croak, I was going to go clean and with a refreshment in my hand!!
An hour later, the Tylenol had kicked in and I thought there was a good possibility that I just may actually live!!  A few more vodkas and supper was cooked and ready.
The section across the front of the garden

Load of wood.  This stuff is just laying in the forest from
the logging  crews

Splitting the wood

It was awesome and both John and I pigged out.
All in all, it was a very productive day with the laundry getting done (although it is not put away yet), another good section of fence done and a load of wood gathered and split.   I think I heard John mention something about going for another load tomorrow but I am choosing not to hear him tonight!!
It is off to bed for me and Hogan so Good Night for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment