Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Monday, July 22/2013

The sun is shining this morning and it looks like it is going to be a rather nice day.  If we are lucky, we will not see any rain today.
I have to tidy up the big white trailer today as John wants to get pictures of it so that we can put it on kijiji to sell.  We no longer need it as we will now be travelling with the truck and camper  and it is far too heavy to tow behind it.  So, it needs to be sold so that we can get a much smaller one to tow.
I should also start cleaning the little storage trailer out as well and I would like to take a trip over to Big River to see about a camping spot for the kids for this up coming weekend.  I guess that will depend on John though and what he feels like doing.  Hell, he might decide to finish the fence!!
I guess time will tell!!
Once I got the required amount of coffee into myself, I headed out to the big trailer and started with the cleaning.  Actually, it was more tidying up than cleaning.  It took about an hour to get things back into order and now it is ready for pictures.  I took them and now there is no excuse for not getting it up for sale.  The sooner the better, I say.  Once it sells, we can start looking for another one to haul behind the truck and camper.
Once that was done, I took a swipe at the shop and rearranged some stuff in there as well.  Now it too is tidier.  I also found another bag of cans that should have been taken into Sarcan the other day but now I guess I will wait until after the weekend with the kids as I suspect there will be a few more after that!!
With the white trailer done and the shop cleaned up, I got into the storage trailer and cleaned that thing out as well.  Man.....I was on a roll.  John joined in the efforts of the storage trailer and now there is even more room in there to store even more junk!!  At least now, one will not have to crawl over anything to actually get something out of it.
John then decided that today would be a good day to take a trip over to the Big River Trails to see if we could find a decent parking spot for the kids this weekend.  With the refreshments in the cooler, we headed out and were soon accessing the forest trails.  It wasn't too long before the trail deteriorated and we were met with a rather nasty mud hole.  Being that we were only in Old Blue and it has no four wheel drive or a winch, we chose to end our journey there.  I had no desire to get stuck and have to walk 10 miles out of the bush
Heading into the forest to see if we can find a campsite for the kids
to get help!!  Wisely....John agreed.
On the way back, we headed into Utah Lake and found that this too would not be suitable for the kids as it was too small an area for their campers.
Back onto the grid, and we decided that since we were in the area, we would stop and get a load of wood.  Not my favourite thing to do but it would really be silly not to.  Especially, since we were in the area.
With the wood loaded, it was time to head back home where we arrived just as Gary was returning home.  He wandered over and John started a campfire.
We sat around the fire for a few hours while supper cooked on the bbq.  I halved a chicken and put fresh rosemary and sage under the skin and john cooked it slowly.  Man, the smell of that was incredible and my stomach was growling!!
Gary eventually headed home and our supper was ready to eat.  Inside we went, ate and called it a day.
All in all, it was a very productive day with both trailers getting a good tidying up, the shop too, the road trip to the trails getting done and a load of wood gathered.  Geez.......No wonder I am tired!!




No comments:

Post a Comment