Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tuesday, July 23/2013

I awoke to awesome sunshine this morning.  Already it is hot out although,  I can hear thunder in the distance.  We are scheduled for rain today and it sure sounds like we are going to get some.
Baked potatoes on the fire pit


Marie's garden looking good

Marie and hogan relaxing
.
While I was checking out Facebook, the thunder got louder and the skies became grey.  Wow, it looks like we are going to have a wicked storm.  Hogan had already headed for the safety of the bedroom!!   It rained like crazy and was over in about 30 minutes.  The wind blew and now there is nothing but an eerie calm.  Not a breath of wind ...... an ominous feeling prevails.  Eventually, the rain returned and then the skies cleared.  It is now cloudy with sunny periods.
Today was the day that the wood we gathered yesterday was to be split.  John got the truck into position and the log splitter was lifted into the back of it and we started splitting and throwing it in to the wood bin.  It is not a hard job really but my hands and fingers were tired and sore from the gathering part yesterday and I found that I could not grasp the wood all the well.  Damned arthritis!!  Eventually all the wood was split and that nasty job was done.  Time to relax.
As the day progressed the sun stayed out and it actually turned out to be a pretty nice evening.
John started a fire to fend off the chill and the damp and we sat and enjoyed that while he cooked our supper on the firepit.  The baked potatoes were first, then came the corn on the cob and the sausage.  It actually turned out great and although I was worried that he would burn it with the uneven temperature, it turned out great.
I had taken a walk through the garden earlier and discovered 3 zucchini that were ready to pick and a good sized cucumber.  We will have the cucumber with tonight's supper and I will stir fry the zucchini with some onion and some dill tomorrow.  The garden is coming along nicely and I keep eyeing up that one orange tomato and hope it will ripen in the next day or two.  Mmmm, can hardly wait to sink my teeth into it!!
Tomorrow will be another busy day, as I have to work on getting the camper ready to go for the weekend.  The kids are supposed to be here on Friday and I am scheduled to work on Thursday night so I had better get into gear.
With these thoughts in mind, I head towards the bed for a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment