Sunday, June 9, 2013

Wednesday, June 5/2013

I am up early and the sun is shining.  I love it when the sun greets me in the morning.  I sat and enjoyed a couple cups of coffee before  I got the text from Gale saying she was ready to get her flowers into their pots.
Hogan and I then walked over to her place and we got busy.  Man for flowers!!  Well, with the task ahead, there was nothing to do but get started and before too long, the fifty thousand were all in their places and the various pots distributed through out her property.  It will look totally awesome once they have settled into their pots and grow like crazy.  Gale loves her flowers and it so reminds me of my Mom's love for her flowers.  It is awesome that I can share this whole planting thing with Gale. It brings back lots of good memories for me.  
With the flowers done, I noticed that Gale had not got her tomato plants in yet so I planted those too while I was there.  Now all her planting is done and she is happy.  The garden is all coming up too and since we planted hers before mine, hers is a few days ahead.  I think every cucumber seed grew so there will be no shortage of cucumbers for us this fall!!
Hogan and I then walked back to the bus and spent the rest of the day relaxing. I have to work night shift tonight so will save what little energy I have for then.  
All to soon, it was time to get ready and head over to the nursing home.  It is a good thing I only have one night shift booked as we have lots of yard stuff to do before all the "kids" come for the father's day rally next weekend.  
I am off to work........  Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment