Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sunday, June 2/2013

Finally home from my night shift and glad that I am now off for a few days.  I headed to bed for some much needed rest as I am hoping to do a few things in the yard today when I get up.
I didn't hear John get out of bed as I was once again dead to the world.  I did hear the riding lawn mower start up and noted that it was 2:00 p.m. and time for me to get up.
With my coffee in hand, I sat outside to wake up and decided what I was going to do for the day.  I didn't have much energy so decided that hauling the hose out and getting the garden watered would be plenty!!  It is a tough job sitting in the lawn chair watching the sprinkler water the garden!!
John got the grass cut and then decided to tidy up the shop.  I sat and watched him do both!!  I like this side of me!!
Eventually we decided to take a ride down the North road to go and get some wood.  Since I have a few days off, a campfire would be nice so we took the old blue jeep and headed off.  There is plenty of clear cut forest around and the guys leave tons of small cut up chunks of wood.  Hell, one doesn't even need a chainsaw!!
We returned home with a good load of wood and John got a fire going and we sat around it until supper was ready.  Steak and baked potatoes were on the menu today.
We chatted with Kay for a while.  She is headed back to work in the morning.  Apparently their crew has to re-do the piece of road they did last week as the pavement did not get the right degree of compaction due to the cold temperatures so it needs to be all done over again.  Bummer!!  She did say it was "cold" there last week.  Maybe the boss should have listened to her!!
It was bed for me after I ate.  I am tired.  Four day stretches at the nursing home are tiring and I need my beauty rest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment