Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Monday, June 17/2013

Once again, I am up early.  Scott, Jill and Jimmy are headed out this morning and are leaving around 8:00 a.m.  I have coffee ready for Jimmy and see them off.  Both Jim and Scott have to get into their semi trucks later today and head for Ontario so that is why they are up early and out of here.
With them gone, I had about an hour to myself before the rest of the crew started getting up and greeting the day.  There was no need for tylenol today (other than for Casey and his back) as most of the party animals where in bed early last night. They were tired from the hard day on the trail!!
I felt rather abandoned today when it came to making breakfast as there was only five of us left.  Wow, this is going to be a snap!!  I even put some hash brown patties into the oven so that we could have them with the ham, bacon and eggs I had planned for this morning.
With several pots of coffee made and consumed, it was time for the last four to get into gear, pack up and head out.
Jace and Kimmy bought Frankenjeep from us so that was loaded up on the trailer and tied down for its ride back to Saskatoon.
Casey is leaving his quad here (it has a broken axle) and Kimmy is leaving her quad here as well as her and Jace are returning next weekend to spend a week at Clearwater Lake.  They will spend the last week in June at the lake so that will be fun for them.
Jace is taking his quad back to the city where he will drain the oil and replace the filter and get it ready for the upcoming week at the lake.
He asked us if we wanted to have our Grand dog Coors for the week and of course that was OK with us.  I have to work a couple of shifts this week but John is always around so it won't be any trouble for us to watch him.  I wish our fence was done though.  That would be so much nicer for him and for me not having to worry about him going outside the yard.  Oh well, he is not too terribly active anymore especially with that bum leg of his.
Kimmy and her new toy-FrankenJeep

The kids left and the yard was QUIET!!   OMG - the quiet is amazing.  The kids helped clean up the yard and now there is only John and I here (and the two dogs) to sit and enjoy the rest of the day.
Gary wandered over and sat for a bit and I got the hoola hoe out and weeded the garden.  It went remarkably well and I was glad I got that nasty little job done.
The hockey game started at 6:00 p.m. so we spent a quiet evening watching TV.  Supper was a "leftover" extravaganza and that was good enough for John and I.  Now the fridge is relatively empty and ready for the next go around!!
I was in bed early tonight and that was awesome.  Both dogs joined me but poor old Coors was not able to get up on the bed cause his leg was too sore so he was happy to lie beside it for the evening.  I was asleep long before John hit the sheets so have no idea when he actually called it a day.
What an awesome weekend we had and I think fun was had by all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment