Monday, June 17, 2013

Wednesday June 12/2013

I am finally home and finished my night shift.  It was a good shift and I feel pretty good this morning.  And...it is not raining!!  In fact, the sun is shining and it is supposed to be an awesome day today.
After making the coffee, I head to bed to catch a few hours and am awake by 2:30 p.m.
The sun is still shining although the darker grey clouds are once again building with the promise of more rain.  At this rate, we will never have to worry about forest fires!!
I decided to head into Spiritwood today as I don't think John and I are going to go into Saskatoon before the weekend so I needed a few things from the grocery store and I thought I would check out the local hardware store for some more fence building supplies.
With that in mind, Hogan and I got into the truck and made our way into Spiritwood.  When I crossed the bridge over Big River, I noticed three big cormorants fishing off the rocks.  They are a large bird and I wished I had brought the camera. It would have been an awesome pic.
I managed to find a few more fence building supplies so now John and I can put up a few more boards. I made a stop at the grocery store and then stopped and chatted with Shirley for a bit then headed home.
Once back at the bus, John was just finishing cutting the grass so we started on the fence.
Well, what a gong show that turned out to be.  With me somehow always managing to stand on the electrical cord and disconnecting the power supply (I think John  just puts it under my feet so he can say "get off the damn cord" and roll his eyes) or John accidentally (I think it was on purpose) slipping with the drill and smashing the shit out of my thumb (that hurt), I was soon ready to call it quits.  It was either quit or John just may find himself impaled on one of the fancy effin 16 foot treated 2x4s....it was close.
Realizing the wisdom of us stopping for the day, we then sat outside in the sunshine (man it is good to feel the sunshine again) enjoying a beverage and looking at the fancy new fence that now stands along one side of the property.
As the evening drew closer, the sun went down and the chill in the air returned.  It looks like we are finally going to get that rain.  John started a fire and that chased the chill away.
Gary came over for a short visit and once he left, the rain started so John and I got the big umbrella out and we sat under it enjoying the dying campfire while our steaks cooked on the BBQ.  It has been a long time since John and I enjoyed a campfire under the umbrella with the rain falling around us.  It was awesome.
With the steaks done, we headed into the bus to eat and then it was time to call it a day.  Hopefully it will not be raining all day tomorrow and we will be able to get more of the fence boards up.


No comments:

Post a Comment