Friday, June 28, 2013

Wednesday, June 26/2013

It rained most of the night and now the sun is trying desperately to shine.  The sky looks a bit suspicious for rain but I will keep my fingers crossed hoping that the sun wins today's battle.
I headed over to the home this morning to get some blood work that I have been putting off for a while now.  It required me to be fasting so today was a good day to do that.
With that done, I am free for the morning and really should get into gear as far as the garden weeding goes but the ground is so darn wet that I think I may have to wait a bit so will make coffee and read my book.
The "hoola hoe" that I brought back from Arizona is the most awesome tool for the garden and I have put it to good use again today.  My garden looks awesome.
We built another section of fence today and now all the cross bars are up so all that remains are the fence boards.  We have a few left from the second lift we had delivered but we will still need more.
We have got so many compliments about the fence  that I am rather stunned as it caused so much controversy when we started it last year.  Small town silliness!!
Dave stopped over just in time for happy hour and since the fence was done for the day, John and I sat outside with Dave enjoying a cold beer and admiring our handy work.
Shirley joined us when she got home from work and brought two "coffee can" bird houses with her.  I had phoned her earlier for them.  John had seen them in her store when he was there the last time and since he forgot to cut off two of the 4x4 fence posts, we decided to leave them tall and stick the birdhouses on them.  I think it will look cool and I know the birds will appreciate them.
Shirley also brought parts home for their sump pump since they are still battling water in their basement and of course they were the wrong fitting so now they have to get up throughout the night to manually start the pump.  Man, what a headache but it sounds like many of the houses in this town have water in their basements.  There has just been too much rain!!
With Dave and Shirley's departure home, John started a fire and we sat around it until supper was cooked and it was time to head to bed.  I have to work in the morning so that kind of sucks when I feel like sitting and enjoying the fire a bit longer.  Oh well, there will be plenty more fires to sit around.
With that thought in mind, I am off to bed.   Goodnight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment