Saturday, June 22, 2013

Thursday, June 20/2013

As usual, I am up early.  The sky is looking rather overcast and I don't even want to think that there is a possibility of rain.  We have had enough of that already!!
The dogs are anxious to go out so that is the first thing on my agenda.  Coors has to make a perimeter check (that is his thing) and being this early, I really don't have to worry about him meeting and scaring any of the townsfolk!!
John and I have instructions to take Jace and Kimmy's camper over to Clearwater to secure them a spot for the upcoming week at the lake.  First, I will need to fill it with water and I think he said something about topping up the propane tanks as well.
John and I really should take a quick trip into Sprirtwood as well to order more fence boards and also take all the cans into the recycler.  Hell, after this past weekend, we probably have enough to pay for the fence!!  I WISH!!
With these thoughts in mind, I had better get my arse into gear and start my day......
I got water into the camper and John backed it out of its parking spot here in the yard and got it ready for travel.  The tires needed to be pumped up and once that was done we headed down the road.  It has started to rain but that just seems to be the "norm" for the past 2 weeks!!
We met the grader on the Clearwater Grid and that was good as all the rain has certainly taken its toll on the roads around here.
Once we got into the campground, we noted that there were only about four campers in the whole campground and we had no problem securing an awesome site for the kids.  We got the camper set up and while I was walking with the pay stub, I wasn't watching where I was going (really, no surprise there) and ended up on my ass in a mud puddle.  I had walked right into the slippery mud and WHAM, I was on my ass before I knew it and,  it wasn't pretty.  I let out a rather unlady like expletive (shocking the closest camper I am sure) and while John was busy asking if I was all right he was trying to hide his grin.  Not very well either I might add!!  I got up with as much dignity as I could and walked to the lake where I proceeded to wash all the offending mud off my shoes, knees, legs and hands.  Man, it was everywhere.  The only place I couldn't get to was my arse and that mud would have to make the trip home with me!!  What a gong show.....there is no lack of entertainment around me!!
On the way home we stopped and got a load of wood from all the leftovers of the logging and now that will need to be split.  Thank God for the log splitter we purchased last year.  It is wonderful and does an awesome job.
Of course the rain hasn't let up since we left so once we were home, we tarped the wood to keep it relatively dry and hopefully the rain will have stopped by tomorrow and we can split it then.
It was soon time for me to get ready for work as I have a night shift scheduled tonight.  I was soon walking to the home under my umbrella, ella, ella......  Off to work I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment