Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sunday, June 9/2013

It is raining off and on again today and the sky remains overcast and dreary.  I just spoke with Kay and it is really nice where she is in Utah.  I certainly thanked her for sharing that bit of information with me, as I got up and turned on the heaters in the bus!!
Man, it is one lousy day for a bbq at the home.  Hopefully the rain stays away.  One can still have a bbq on a dreary day but it sure sucks when it is raining.
Shirley messaged me today asking for some molasses and I thought for sure that I had some in the cupboard.  When I went to look for it, I found none.  What is with that??
I needed to deliver the buns over to the nursing home so when I was there I asked one of the girls in the kitchen if I could borrow some.  I was handed the container and left promising that I would return a full one tomorrow.
Shirley was baking bread today and wanted to do a few loaves of rye bread so that is why she needed the molasses.  She is an awesome bread maker.  I don't think she ever buys store bought bread.
After chatting with Shirley for a while I returned home and thought about doing last night's supper dishes.  Of course that didn't really appeal to me so I decided that I had to continue reading my book....I had a murder to solve!!
John eventually got up, looked outside and decided that it would be yet another day of rest.  The wood we ordered from the lumber yard on Friday still has not arrived so there would be no fence building today.  Of course in the rain, there would be no fence building even if the wood had arrived!!
Words with Friends occupied John for most of the afternoon while I sat and solved my murder case.
The dishes eventually did get done and then John and I wandered out to the man cave for a beverage while he cooked steak on the bbq.  Mmmm..... it was a nice way to finish off our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment