Sunday, June 9, 2013

Friday, June 7/2013

It is raining and dreary out this morning.  Hopefully, the rain will stop and John and I will make the trip into Spiritwood for the lumber and a few other things.  In the mean time, I will check out the Facebook pages and have my coffee.
The rain did stop and John and I headed into Spiritwood.  The first stop was to get my fishing license at the local Conservation Office.  It was closed when we arrived so I will have to just go online and get it. Next we stopped in at the pawn shop to see if Shirley had any furniture that might work for the man cave.  Unfortunately, she didn't have anything at the moment.  I then headed over to the pharmacy, the hardware store and then the greenhouse.  I managed to get everything I had come for so was quite pleased about that!!
Next, we hit the lumber yard and ordered the rest of the wood we needed to complete the fence.  Hopefully, it will be delivered sometimes this weekend and we can get this darn fence done.  Of course they didn't have the wire we needed so we will have to pick that up in Saskatoon next week.
We finally headed back to Leoville and I must say that the road repairs are coming along nicely.  The road is much safer now since the huge heaves have been repaired.  I only hope that re-paving is on the agenda this summer.
Gale and Charley came over for a quick visit and picked up the tiny tim tomatoes that I pick up for her in town.
It started to rain again and we retired to the man cave.  When Gale and Charley left, Dave arrived followed by Gary and then Shirley.  We had the makings for a party.....and we did.
Several beverages later, it was time for Marie to eat.  It is a good thing that I had put a corned beef brisket into the slow cooker earlier because that is what we had for supper.  Then, I had to sleep.   Good Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment