Monday, June 24, 2013

Saturday, June 22/2013

It is cloudy and once again looking like rain.  Man....enough already!!
John and I are supposed to be putting up some fence but it sure doesn't look like that is going to happen.  I am not working in the rain!!
It did indeed rain this morning then it cleared for a bit.
Jace and KImmy arrived to pick up their stuff for the lake and dropped off the seven rolls of wire for  the fence.  They picked up the two dogs and headed back to Clearwater where they are expecting Jeff.  He will be riding with them later today.  He loved the trails last weekend and is back for more fun and adventure!!  
Gary wandered over and asked if I wanted to go fishing today.  He told me to bring a rain coat as we would probably get rained on.  I checked to make sure that John wasn't going to do the fence in the lull between rains and he said to go fishing so,  off Gary and I went.
It was awesome to be back on the lake again and I loved the sites and the sounds.  The rain clouds built all around us but they actually skirted around the lake so we only had to contend with a few rain drops.  We managed to reach our limit for Northern Pike and didn't want to push our luck as far as the rain went so loaded the boat and brought the 10 fish home so that I could brush up on my filleting skills.
Once at home, I definitely needed brushing up as I felt I had completely forgotten how to fillet a fish properly.  Gary is a patient teacher and I am sure would have rather just done all 10 of the fish himself!!  I didn't feel comfortable with my filleting knife so Gary went and got his spare and that seemed to help a bit.  It took a while but we eventually did get done!!
It was then time to clean and package the fillets but first.....a beer was required!!
We got enough fish for a meal for both Gary and ourselves and then 7 packages went into Gary's freezer.  Hopefully we will have many more good days on the water and his fridge will be full by the time we head back to Arizona.
John built a fire tonight and we sat around it enjoying the warmth.  Gary soon headed home for his feed of fresh fish and John and I got out the umbrella as it was starting to rain....again!!
We decided to have steak and baked potato for supper and sat under the umbrella until supper was cooked and the it was time to eat.
Once again, it was an awesome day and despite the fact that it was once again raining, we had a pretty productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment