Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Monday, June 10/2013

It is still rather dreary and overcast this morning and it looks like the rain is not done with us yet.
The garden is now what I would consider saturated and will take a good week or two to dry out.  Despite all the rain, the rows are very visible now and things look "happy" out there.  Now I am sure I will have to deal with a few weeds this coming week!!  Ray (our neighbour from Arizona) would be green with envy if he saw my garden!!  Perhaps I will send him a picture.
It is finally time for me to take the laundry over to the laundromat.  I have managed to do several loads in our little washer/dryer here in the bus but only on the days when I could hang the stuff on the clothes line to dry.  The little machine handles my nurses uniforms well but struggles with t-shirts and blue jeans so it is time to bite the bullet and head to the big machines.
I have a few things on the agenda today so I had better get my arse into gear.
Once the clothes were done, I headed over to the store and bought the replacement molasses and took it over to the home.  Now I am square with them.
Once back at the bus, I put the clothes away and then sat for a bit reading my book.
The wood arrived for the rest of the fence this afternoon and John and I are now able to start on the it.  If only the weather would cooperate.  It was pouring out when Roland arrived and it is a good thing that he had a roll off truck.  The unload was easy!!
Chicken and rice for supper then we watched more TV.  Wow, we are certainly getting our TV fix with all this bloody rain!!
Nothing else to do but go to bed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment