Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Tuesday, June 25/2013

Well, we had one good day of sunshine and now we are back into the heavy skies and the threat of rain.  God only knows, we sure haven't had enough of that!!
I got a call from one of the girls at the home today reminding me that I had a three hour inservice to attend this afternoon and it is a good thing she called as I would have totally forgot about it.  I was going to go and start some weeding in Gale's garden but I guess that will have to wait.
When I got back from the inservice, John and I started on the fence again and there is now another section done along the front expanse by the shop.
Of course it was a bit of a gong show with John somehow cutting the skil saw cord in half.  Shit, Oh Dear.....Of course it had to be my fault but I am not quite sure how as I was not anywhere near the saw or the cord.  Oh well, it was an easy fix and we were soon back in business.  Then, for some reason, the air nailer stopped working so we had to finish the job using the drill and some screws which actually worked pretty darn good.
We finally got done the one section and called it quits.  It was already past six and time to start thinking about supper.  It had been raining off and on all day so today was an ideal day for eating the meat pies that Shirley brought over yesterday.
I threw them into the oven and soon we were eating.  They were great and I will have to see about the possibility of getting a few more!!
Gary and Arlene came over for a short visit.  He had stopped to pick up some sort of a boot for my quad and also picked up some bird seed for me.  Imagine my surprise when he handed me the bill for the birdseed.....$30.00!!   WHAT!!!  Hell, there isn't a bird out there that needs that kind of expensive bird seed!!   Oh well, that is what one gets when they send someone to pick up stuff you forgot to get yourself.  I am sure my little birds will totally appreciate it though so they will be happy.
We spent the evening watching TV and listening to the rain which was now coming down in torrents.  It continued like this all evening and into the night.
The kids text us asking if we wanted to go riding with them tomorrow and with all this rain today, I am not sure if I can face another wet day on the trails.  We will see what tomorrow brings!!
In the meantime, it is time for Hogan and I to call it a day and head to bed.     Life is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment