Sunday, June 9, 2013

Tuesday, June 4/2013

It is sunny out today and that is awesome.  I have been watering the garden as there is no rain in sight and today, I can just see the tiny plants starting to come through the soil.  Woo Hoo!!
I have to head over to the nursing home this morning to partake in some in service and then stay for a mandatory staff meeting so will be gone for at least 4 hours today.
There is a BBQ planned for lunch with pot luck salads so that will be cool.  We will eat with the residents.  That is always nice and they enjoy it too.
I was roped into helping our TLR (transfer, lift and reposition) instructor for the first few hours today as I was once a TLR instructor in Saskatoon.  She needs a second person to assist with the training session  today so asked if I would help out.  Of course I said yes so now have to get into instructor mode for a few hours.  It is always a good review though as to how NOT to hurt yourself when moving objects or residents.
The BBQ was awesome and sampling all the different salads was delicious!!  So many salads.....so little room on your plate!!  I went back for seconds, to hell with the burger!!
The mandatory meeting took two hours and I was back at the bus by 3:30.
John had spent the day rearranging stuff in the man cave and has now finally found the right place for the snakeskin and a few other things.  The stained glass Roughrider sign is now hanging in the window and actually looks awesome with the sun shining through it.  Kay certainly did good when she commissioned that piece of work for us.
The sun was still shining when I got home and it was "happy hour" so both John and I had cracked a beer and were sitting enjoying it when Gale text,  asking if I would come help her plant the 5000 flowers she had bought when her and I went shopping in Battleford last week.  WHAT!!!!  She also wondered if John could come and cut her grass.
Gale has been fighting this lousy cold and flu crap going around and has not had any energy either.  I sure know how she
Snakeskin is hung

Getting ready for Rider season



Whats a beer fridge without stickers

Marie texting Kay
feels so told her that I would come tomorrow morning to plant her flowers and John would cut the grass tomorrow as well.  My energy for today was almost spent..... I can hardly get the beer can to my lips!!
Gale and Charley came over a while later and we sat around for an hour or so chatting before they returned home then,  John and I got supper ready.  There is hockey playoffs on again tonight so an evening in front of the TV was once again on the agenda.
It wasn't long before I was in bed.  Man, will this cold and sore throat ever be gone?



No comments:

Post a Comment