Friday, March 8, 2013

Wednesday, March 6/2013

The sun is shining this morning and it looks like it is going to be another warm day.  Awesome.  I do believe that it is cold again at home and there is more snow in their forecast...like they need more!!
Kay and I are going to be painting again today but first we must head into town for a "Twisted Tea" run.  Hopefully, they have some at Safeway today.   If not, we then have to head into Surprise and see if we can find some there.  It is a rather scarce commodity around here!!  Luckily, Safeway came through for us and we bought all they had!!
Since we were out and about, we decided to stop at the antique place and check out a beer sign that John and I saw the other day.  John has made a few comments about going back and getting it and I did not want it to end up like the last one (gone before we got back there).  So, Kay and I stopped by the joint and the owner was there - he thinks he can out talk me.....ya right.    I saw another sign I was interested in and after talking to the owner, was told he wanted fifty for the one sign and twenty five for the second sign.  Long story short...I got both signs for fifty five dollars!!  Woo Hoo!!  Kay also bought  an original Budwiser beer bottle from the 1800s so she was happy and so was the owner although I believe that he is not looking forward to our next visit!!
Once back at the park, we loaded up what we needed for painting (don't forget the tunes) and headed out.  Six hours later, we were finished all three bedrooms and had started on the kitchen.  John stopped by at the end of our day and he joined us for a beverage on the porch.  Ray stopped by as well - he had returned from his day of inservices needed for his job in Aguila.
Kurt, one of Kay's friends from Utah is due to stop in for a few days to visit and has arrived now so it is truly time to stop work for the day and commence to visiting.
Back at the park, Mr Coyote came around for a visit and Ray took a pot shot at it with his gun and missed by a mile so we all had to give him the gears about his expert marksmanship!!
I had thrown a corned beef and some cabbage into the slow cooker this morning and when it was ready we all had a chance to pig out and eat when ever one was ready to do so.
We sat around the campfire for a while and of course, it was soon time for me to head to my lavender scented bubble bath where the healing powers of warm water and the soothing aroma of lavender did their magic.
It was an awesome day today with Kay and I getting more of the painting done (and doing an awesome job, by the way), meeting one of her many friends, sitting around the campfire and ending it all with a wonderful soak in the tub.  Now really, does it get any better?  I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment