Saturday, March 23, 2013

Friday, March 22/2013

The sun is shining again and another awesome day has begun.  Hogan is busy outside checking out the empty acres on the other side of the fence and eventually will settle onto the steps and lay in the sun.  From here he will guard the property from any wayward cats, bunnies, birds or javelina!!
It is time for me to start my annual cleaning of the cupboards so spend a good part of the afternoon, cleaning the cupboards under the sink and all three drawers.  I got rid of more junk and that is always a good thing.
Kay busied herself doing odd jobs around the house and all in all, it was a rather unproductive day for both of us.
I must admit to being a bit stiff in the shoulders and neck today so doing the cupboards was enough for me.
John and I are having supper with Lorne and Marilyn tonight so that will be fun.  They came and picked us up and we headed up to the newly renovated Rancher Bar for a few beer then headed back downtown to the Wickenburg Feed Co. for more drinks and then supper.  We had an awesome time just sitting around and chatting, sharing a few drinks and then eating an awesome meal.
Once we were done, we walked back to the Best Western where they are staying for their visit here and called a cab.  Surprisingly, the cab arrived in short time and we headed home.
Ray and Kay were still up and we wandered over there for a drink (like we needed another!!).  They had a little fire going in the chiminea and we stayed over there for an hour before finally calling it a night.
When I did hit the sheets, I turned the TV on and found that the second movie in the Twilight series was on and watched that before actually going to sleep.  I think I am going to be tired in the morning as I have to get up early to pick John up at the welding shop at 8:00 a.m. as that is the time the truck needs to go in for the tie downs.  Man....there is no rest for the wicked!!

No comments:

Post a Comment