Saturday, March 9, 2013

Friday, March 8/2013

I am up early (before the sun even) and it is rather dreary outside.  There is some rain and wind scheduled for us today and it sure looks like that is exactly what will be happening.  It is a good day for a road trip.  Hopefully we will have better luck this trip.
With the rain threatening, Kay, John and I got into the truck and headed towards Phoenix.  Apparently it has already been raining there and there is flooding in some areas.  Hopefully we are able to avoid any of that nonsense.


We arrived in Apache Junction and looked at the truck - a 1990 Ford F350 and took it for a test drive.  John like what he saw and heard and we bought it.  Now it looks as if I will have to drive it back to Canada so I am hoping there is a CD player in it so that I can groove to the tunes all the way home!!
We got it back to the park without incident and John was happy with the way it drove and how it performed.  He says it will work just fine for a truck camper.
Since we bought this place down here in Arizona, we no longer need to be driving the 40 foot motorhome back and forth  so will now be down sizing to a truck and camper.  That is quite a difference and I am sure it will take some getting used to as I have not quite figured out how we are going to be able to watch two different TVs in a truck camper.  John is simply going to have to learn to watch The Food Network!!
We did manage to skirt most of the bad rain today but when we finally made it home, the skies opened up and we were slammed with both, wind and rain.  It had rained a lot here while we were gone as there were puddles everywhere and the ground in the yard was soft.  It will be nice when we do some landscaping next year with some crushed rock so we no longer have to deal with the soggy ground.  The air smelled wonderful though and with the heat that is scheduled to arrive in a few day, the desert will be green and blooming in no time.  Already, there are tons of leaves budding out on the cottonwood trees.
Tomorrow, Kay and I will have to check to see if the Hassayampa River is running after all this rain today.  I must remember to take my camera!!
With the rain looking like it has settled in for the night, John and I and Kay headed into the trailer to play some cards.  Ray had just returned from his appointments in Prescott and did not feel like joining us again tonight so stayed home and watched some TV.  Kurt (Kay's friend) decide to head downtown for a while so ordered a cab and headed out.
I was the big winner again tonight raking in a whopping $13.00 - most of which was John's!!  Woo Hoo!!   I now have enough winnings to purchase a much smaller Percy.  Remember, that is what I named the Peacock I got from the Pottery Place.  Now I can have a big Percy and a little Percy!!
We played cards into the wee hours of the morning.  Kurt arrived back from town and he joined us for a few games then he headed to bed.  The rest of us were not too far behind him.
All in all, it was another good day spent with good friends and enjoying the day.  Life is Good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment