Monday, March 25, 2013

Saturday, March 23/2013

Oh Dear, I am a bit tired this morning and at the moment truly wish that I had not watched that silly movie.  It is chillier in the bus this morning than it is outside and I am not impressed by that in my current state of tiredness!!  Sometimes, I am my own worst enemy!!
I think it is time for me to get into my sweats and get moving.  Time marches on and I am sure the welder dude will be waiting for the truck.
John headed out and I followed in the jeep.  I stopped at the gas station before heading to the welding shop to pick John up.  When I got to the shop, something had come up with the welder and he had to go to Phoenix so the job would not get done today.   Oh Great....I could have still been in bed!!
The truck is now booked in for Monday.
I am not one for heading back to bed once I am up so I gathered some laundry and headed up to Mitch's to throw it into the machine.  I then came back to the bus and watched curling for a few hours.  Canada lost to Scotland on the last rock and now must play the USA for the bronze medal instead Sweden of the gold.  Drats to that!!
The rest of the day was spent just mucking around doing little things although Kay and I decided to head to the grocery store for ....guess what?  Yes.....more beer!!  Hey, it is cheap and it is so hot outside....what is a person supposed to do but sit and enjoy the weather with a "cool" one!!
When we got back from the store John was ready to make a quick trip up to the Aztec RV/Mobile home park to scrounge for some firewood.  We were about to climb into the truck when Lorne and Marilyn arrived with their cousins from Calgary.   Good, now I am saved from going to get wood and having to fight off whatever creatures may be lurking in and around it.  Creatures like snakes and spiders and scorpions!!   Oh, why can't it stop snowing at home and start getting nice so I can go back and not have to worry about mean biting/stinging creepy crawlers ??
Lorne and Mariliyn brought Nicky and Judy here so that they would be able to see the javelina.  They are so looking forward to seeing one and I hope that they are lucky enough to do just that.  It took a while, but the javelina eventually showed up and they got pictures and were quite fascinated with them.  This, I can understand as I just love watching them and look forward to seeing them everyday.  They are unique little creatures and no matter how much they stink, have the cutest little ears!!
Our guests departed soon after the javalina left then John said we had to go get wood if we wanted a campfire tonight.   DAMN, I thought I had gotten out of that!!
Off we went and returned with a truck load of huge chunks of cottonwood that were a mixture of very dry and a bit damp.  A good variety of wood that will last us a few fires!!
With the fire raging, we sat around it and enjoyed the evening.  Marybeth wandered over and actually stayed for quite a while which was unusual considering she usually only stays for a short time.  It was a nice change and we shared tons of fun and laughter.
Supper was BBQ'd chicken tonight with oriental salad.  Nothing fancy but it was sure good.  A Lavender scented bubble bath completed my day then it was off to bed and sweet slumber.
John and Kay sat around the fire for a bit longer then ate but before John headed to bed,  he turned on the TV and realized that the bronze medal curling game was on so woke me up and asked if I wanted to watch the end of it.  Of course I got up and together we watched the rest of it and were quite happy that Canada won and claimed the bronze medal.  Holy Buckets....it is 3:00 o'clock in the morning and time to go to bed....again!!


No comments:

Post a Comment