Friday, March 15, 2013

Monday, March 11/2013

Today, Kay and I are headed back to the Seven Cedars property to finish painting but first we had to make a run to the recycler here in Wickenburg to get rid of all the beer cans.  Man, I just do not know where they all come from!!
We then stopped at the lumber yard to pick up one more can of paint and then started the last of the painting.  Ray came by and fixed a few things and within a few hours, the painting was done.  Woo Hoo.  Now all that remains for Kay and I to do is hang the window blinds and then the job will be totally done.  The whole project took about 22 hours and we did a wonderful job - even if I do say so myself!!
When we got back from our painting, I quickly grabbed the wheeler and started moving some paving bricks we had stacked along the fence.  I want to move some plants tomorrow and the bricks needed to be moved.  Kay of course came over to help and when we moved the last row, I found a cocoon sort of thing stuck to one of the bricks.  It is a good thing I had gloves on as when I ripped it open, there was a brown tarantula spider in it!!  Holy Cow!!  I nearly had a bird.  It was a young one and I am sure it wasn't ready to be thrust upon the world yet but he was rather interesting to watch.  He probably thought "what the hell!!"  anyway, after taking a few pictures of him, we put him out on a rock to stay warm and hoped that he would find shelter for the night.  He was gone the next morning.
Kurt left for Utah around 9:00 this morning and made it home safe and sound.  I would like to say that we spent a leisurely quiet evening in front of the TV after a rather busy weekend but once again, we found ourselves sitting around the campfire enjoying a few beverages!!
Since we skipped steak night on Saturday, we decided to have it tonight so that was a good enough reason for the fire and a few beverages!!
Once again, the steak was awesome and we were joined by Kay.  She is not a real good eater so we have to strong arm her at times!!  I think sometimes she eats with us just to shut us up!!  Anyway, the food was delicious.
It was soon time for us to call it a day.  Tomorrow is the day that I am planning on moving those pesky plants so I need my beauty rest and since it is getting hotter and hotter outside, it has to be done in the morning..... after coffee!!





No comments:

Post a Comment