Sunday, March 17, 2013

Wednesday, March 13/2013

The sun is shining again and it is going to be another warm one.  I really have nothing planned for today, especially in this heat.
Kay and Ray took a quick trip up to Mitch's to help him with his weeds and did a large area along the side of his property so I am sure he appreciated it.  He has a large yard and has let the weeds run wild.  Not a good thing to do when you don't take proper care.
Both John and I spent most of the day out of the heat.  Me, reading my book and John busy on the internet trying to find a truck camper to go onto the truck.
It was soon time to feed the birds and the temperature has cooled so that one is able to at least sit in the shade and enjoy the evening.  Kay is trying to lose her "farmer's tan" on her arms so is sitting in the sun and trying to tell me it isn't that "hot" out.  Of course she is used to the sun and the heat.  What with working outside on road construction running a roller over hot asphalt, I guess she has a point!!  What I don't understand is why bother about the farmer's tan.  She will quickly get it back when she is back working in the 100 degree heat this summer!!
As the sun dropped past the horizon the heat of the day remained although to much less of a degree.  John soon started the campfire (for the ambiance) and we sat around it for a few hours.
John cooked chicken legs smothered in Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce  on the BBq and they were beyond delicious.  I think I will have to stock up on some of those before heading home.  The chicken legs down here are much bigger than the ones we get back home!!
It was soon time to call it a day and everyone was in bed early.  I am tired and I think it is from the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment