Friday, March 8, 2013

Monday, March 4/2013

Well, the sun is shining once again and it is most definitely going to be another fine day.  Already, it is hot outside so I can just imagine what it is going to be like when the sun is at its fullest.  I just may have to hide under the shade of the old oak tree (if I could only find one here in the desert).
The jeep is scheduled for repairs tomorrow and the tow truck is coming at 8:00 a.m. so today, we have the job of putting that stinking vinyl top on it.  It has to be put out into the sunshine for a while so that it warms up and is much more "user friendly".  The heat actually allows it to stretch easier thus making it easier to work with.   I did haul it out of the  trailer and it is now laying across the table outside, in the full sun.  It can stay there all afternoon and when the heat of the day eases, John and I will put it on and the jeep will be ready for towing.
Well, the top did get put on and now I am dirty and sweaty.  I swear, that damn thing gets smaller everytime it is taken off!!  I hate putting it on and I think I cracked a fingernail doing it!!  God, is it happy hour yet?
Other than struggling with the jeep top, both John and I really did nothing today.  It was one of those days that leant itself to laziness.
Kay wandered over and said that she had finished cleaning out the shed and now there was nothing but a bunch of wood in it that John needs to burn in the fireplace.  Of course I gave her shit for not coming to get me to help her but she said she thought I was just having a "resting" day.  I gave her shit again!!
We sat outside watching the javalina and the birds for a while then as the sun set, the chill returned and it was time for supper and TV.
Spaghetti and meatballs was on the menu here in the bus and Ray had concocted some sort of Shrimp Scampi for him and Kay.  Gee, I think their dinner sounded better than ours!!
We spent the evening quietly in front of the TV until it was time to shut the lights out and catch some sleep.  Tomorrow, we have to be up early to greet the tow truck and Kay and I have a date with a house that needs painting.   So, I really need to rest up for tomorrow's activities.    Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment