Saturday, March 23, 2013

Thursday, March 21/2013

Oh dear, the sun is shining rather brightly and there is not a whiff of a breeze.  Kay and I have one more load of rocks to shovel and get onto the trailer and I fear it is going to be a very nasty hot job.  There are not many rocks left and that is a good thing.  Actually, I keep calling it "rocks" but it is really landscape gravel.  Surprisingly, I am not as stiff and sore as I thought I was going to be!!
Armed with our drinking bottles of water we headed over to Diane's.  I backed the trailer into the spot like I actually knew what I was doing and Kay and I got to shovelling.  It took us a few hours but we got the job done and the stones hauled back over to our place.  We then took a break before unloading. The driveway looks awesome (even if we do say so ourselves)!!
Once the trailer got emptied, we had to clean all the little rocks out from between the boards and that was a rather thankless job.   It was almost as bad a shovelling the millions of rocks onto the trailer!!  Perseverance and elbow grease got the job done and soon the trailer was clean as a whistle.  No need to worry about stones flying all over the place the next time someone goes to use it.
We took several breaks while cleaning the trailer and both Kay and I watched as the landscapers came and cleaned up the yard across the road from us.  Mickey (who is a little challenged from extensive drug use) hired someone to clean up her yard and haul a ton of rock into it so that she does not have to deal with weeds.  They were hauling in the same colour of rock that Kay and I had shovelled for two days!!
Mickey had some decorative stones she wanted to get rid of so Kay and I went over to get them with the side by side.  Between battling huge ugly spiders and dodging a scorpion, we got the job done.  Kay managed to catch the scorpion in a jar so that I could take a picture of it for this blog.  Hopefully it turns out.
Once we had the blocks we put then along the edge of my flower garden.  After that , I was done.  We had worked hard for two days and it was time to call it a day, have a beer and sit and relax.  I was a wreck but couldn't get up the energy to step into the shower and clean up my act.
John was busy pulling chunks of wood off the shed, getting it ready for its facelift next week.
We expected Lorne and Marilyn to come for happy hour and they arrived although they were an hour late.  Apparently, they have relatives staying here in Wickenburg for a few days.
We chatted with them until dark when they headed back to town and Ray and Kay headed in for tonight's shuffleboard.
It was after everyone left that John got busy cooking supper and I headed into the sweet soothing lavender scented bathwater.  Oh, how I wanted to stay there for the rest of the night!!  It was only the fact that the water would cool and I would get chilly and supper was starting to smell good that I dried off and headed back to the bus.  Oh dear, bed is going to be sweet heaven tonight.
Supper was awesome and soon it was time for lights out for me.  Man, what a busy few days!!
Mr Scorpion - in the bottle.  He was a bit miffed!!

Hard to get a clear pic through the glass.
I think he wanted to sting me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment