Saturday, March 23, 2013

Wednesday, March 20/2013

Today, I am up early and the sun is once again shining. Another nice day is in store for us.  And, since it is the first day of Spring, it should be an awesome day.  I am afraid that it is not so very nice at home with the roads being in terrible condition and more snow on the way.  Someone ought to shoot that stinking lying groundhog!!
Today, Kay and I have decided to chip away the chunks of cement on the wall that surounds the back and part of the side of our yard.   We are wanting to paint it and it would look much better without all the ugly globs of cement used to mortar the stones together.
That actually did not take us too long and we were soon at a stand still as to what to do next.  John however, was not impressed that I used one of his fancy chisels to pound away at the wall!!  Guess I have to replace it now!!
Ray had gone up to help Mitch in what he hoped to be the final day of his roof repairs.  Apparently they needed Ray's help in showing them how to apply the rolled roofing and then securing the drip caps and what ever else that needed to be done.
Kay and I walked up to Mitch's to check on their progress and while we were there, Ray mentioned that Diane and Kay (two ladies in the park) wanted some of their landscape rock out of their yard.  He wondered if John and I were interested in it and if so, all we had to do was go get it.
Since Kay and I were not doing anything, we thought that we would start.
With the shovels and wheelbarrow in tow, we headed over there.  We loaded the wheelbarrow and lugged it back to our place.  After that, we had to come up with a different plan.  There is no way in hell that we would be able to do it this way. It was just too hard so we had Ray grab one of the trailers and had it parked up at Diane's and we transferred the rock that way.  Kay and I filled the trailer once and all four of us then unloaded it.   We then headed back for a second load and with Ray and John helping us, we were able to get a lot of it cleaned up.  Most of it went on the driveway between our place and Ray and Kay's and it looked awesome.
By the end of the second trailer load, I was ready to call it quits.  The rest could be picked up tomorrow.  Oh dear, I have never shovelled so much rock in my life and I fear I am going to be stiff and sore tomorrow!!
John had taken a trip into town earlier today to see about getting some tie downs made for the truck for the camper (which we still do not have) and now has an appointment for it on Saturday and one for the bus the first week in April.  It needs some sort of gasket or whatever.  Things are getting done and with our trip home looming, it is time to get into gear.
We spent the evening enjoying another fire, then it was time to head into the bathtub and then into bed. Man, I am tired and there is still another load of rock to shovel tomorrow.  Shit, Oh Dear as Kay would say!!

No comments:

Post a Comment