Friday, April 6, 2012

Wednesday, April 4/2012

I am finally up before 8:00 a.m. so things are getting back to normal.  The birds are chirping like crazy and sound really happy today.  It looks like it is going to be another nice day as the sun is shining like crazy again.
I finally got the laundry done!!  It has taken me three days to get there but the linen is now done and we have clean clothes again.  I even stopped at the grocery store to restock the cupboards.
Once back at the bus,  John got the stuff ready for emptying the sewer tank.  With the hose safely in the toilet,  he turned on the pump and PRESTO,  the tank was empty in no time.  No fuss and no Muss!!  Keith and Charlotte are supposed to be coming into town to borrow the pump so it was a good reason for us to empty our tanks.
Trueman stopped by for a visit while I was gone and I was sad that I had missed him.  I miss his drop in visits with Cowboy so I will have to make one more trip out to his mine to say goodbye.  He is a good old soul.  He is headed for carpal tunnel surgery soon so that will be good for him once that is over.  We wish him luck.
Ray and Kay were off this morning to paint the building they are refurbishing for its owner.  Ray is trying out his new paint sprayer so we are eager to hear how that worked.
John was mucking again with the wiring of the swamp cooler and that business seems to take a lot of time. Finally, he got it done and the rest of our panelling went up on the walls.   I got busy and stained it all so now all that it needs is the coats of polyurethane.  It is all starting to come together - finally!!
The "inspector" came over and once again, we passed!!  She is a tough cookie and actually made a comment that it didn't look like we did much today!!  HELLO - I was sweating my arse off doing all that staining!!  I think I will look for a new inspector!!
Happy hour arrived and that was a good thing.  Keith and Charlotte arrived for the pump and Keith was still on the crutches.  His ankle is still quite swollen but he can bend his knee a bit better so things are progressing, although slowly.  Ray and Kay gave Keith the snake skin (the one from the snake they found in the woodpile in February) so that he could cure it.  Keith wants to make a hat band out of it.  He will also come into town one of these days to "clean up" their computer - damn Windows is not worth the hassle if you ask me.
With the departure of Keith and Charlotte back to the desert, we moved into the sunshine and sat around until the sun set and the bats came out to fly around our heads and catch all the little bugs and mosquitos hanging in the area.  There definitely are mosquitos here but they seem to only like attacking Ray which is not too cool with him but for us.....bonus!!
We had a visit from "Pepe La Pu" tonight and I must say, the fellow was certainly not scared of people.  He wandered around just outside the fence and I quickly got Hogan into the bus so that he was not the recipient of an unfortunate anointing!!  With the help of a few well thrown stones and one large piece of firewood, he was convinced to leave the area with out an issue.
Eventually, I went into the bus to watch TV and Kay soon followed me in where, we spent the next few hours chatting.  It was "girl time" and fun.  John eventually joined us (Ray went to bed) and we sat around watching Repo Games for 2 hours (cause we have no life!!).
Eventually, John threw some pork chops on the BBQ and the three of us ate before we too headed to bed.
Kay and I have decided to head into Surprise tomorrow for a Walmart run so we both need our beauty rest.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment