Friday, April 27, 2012

Thursday, April 26/2012

It rained a few drops early this morning and that is what initially woke me up.  Although it was just a few, they sounded big as they hit the roof.  It has been so long since I heard the rain, that it was rather pleasant to wake up to it.  It even smelled good!!
The chimes on the phone rang early and because of the hour, I knew it had to be my sister.  I was not disappointed.  She was inquiring as to where we were and when we would be getting home.  She was under the impression that I had my dentist appointment this week.
Cool old truck on AZ I-17

Coming into flagstaff AZ

AZ 89 N




Baby Rocks on AZ 160


Dust flying

Some drifting (Better than snow)


UT 191 N


We will be staying at the bottom

We cleared a bit of sand when we parked.

Our spot for the night on the San Juan River





While checking out the dates, I noted that it was the 26th of April and once again, John and I had forgot our anniversary.  This is definitely not the first time we have done this and have actually started a tradition of NOT remembering it!!
We had a pretty good day of travel however went through lots of rain and blowing wind.  At one point, there was sand blowing across the road but I guess that was better than snow.  We missed the snow coming into Flagstaff, it had fallen earlier!!
Finally made it out of Arizona and are sitting in southern Utah for the night.  It is chilly tonight but I will certainly not complain as I remember the ugly heat of Wickenburg a few days ago!!

No comments:

Post a Comment