Thursday, April 19, 2012

Monday, April 16/2012

Putting the trim on the bedroom walls

Trim is finally done!!



Getting the hallway floor down

still needs to be stained

Our flowering tree.  This is a yellow bird of paradise


 we have three of these trees in our yard.

I was lying in bed this morning wondering if it was time for me to get up when the text message chimes started ringing on my phone.  There is only one person who is an early riser such as myself and I just knew it was my sister.  She really has no trouble calling at 6:30 in the morning!!
The sun is shining this morning and all the cool weather is supposed to be gone.  It will be in the 90s for most of this week - definitely time for us to be heading North as this is just too hot for this girl!!  Only rattlesnakes, scorpions and lizards are into this heat and I have no desire to see any of these creatures!!
Today was a very productive day in the trailer.  With the end finally in sight, it perhaps gave us renewed energy so that everything that was supposed to be done is finally done!!  Woo Hoo!!
The trim is up in the master bedroom and the closet is built in the second bedroom and,  the hallway floor is down.  All that remains is for the staining and that goes quite fast.  There is a few spots on the bedroom floor that I am not happy with so I will deal with that tomorrow. Right now, the inspector has passed today's work and it is happy hour.
It was a nice to sit out and just enjoy the evening.  There are so few left now as we will be heading back home on Sunday.  At one point, I tried to fall through that rickety old deck we have been using to get in and out of the trailer and managed to catch myself but, in doing so, leaned against the kitchen window, shattering it to pieces!!  It is a good thing that there was that reflective skin on the inside of the window as I am sure that that is the only thing that kept it from falling to pieces!!  It is a good thing that the windows are scheduled for replacement when we return in the fall.
All in all, it has been another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment