Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tuesday, April 17/2012

It is going to be a hot day today so I must get into the trailer and do what needs to be done before the main heat of the day.
I sanded some of the rough areas  on the bedroom floor then reapplied a coat of polyurethane on it.  It looks better but I feel I have become obsessive about the damn thing and that is not good.  Everyone keeps reminding me that a bed is going to cover most of the floor.  So far, I am not impressed with the outcome of my fancy plywood floor.  It is a good thing that we started on the bedroom floor as I hope we have worked out all "bugs" by the time we get to the living room and kitchen floors.
I stained and polyurethaned the closet in the bedroom then started with clean-up.  There is sawdust and tools everywhere.  The vacuum worked overtime but by the time Marybeth came by to inspect the day's work, it was pretty much cleaned up and looking much better.  There is still some things to do but for the most part, it is mostly done.
Ray came over with his duct tape in hand and added some tape to the shattered window.  Hopefully that will hold it for the summer until we can get back here and start replacing windows.
Kay got the call to come back to work today and she is pleased about that.  They will be heading to Salt Lake City on Sunday to get their fifth wheel trailer out of storage.  Ray will be going with her to get her all set up then returning here by plane on Wednesday.  He is staying here for the summer and thinks he has the Park Managers job.  Although it is not yet official, he is pretty sure he has it.  This summer will certainly be different for him as he has never spent a summer in Arizona with its 100 degree and higher temperatures.  His swamp cooler is working well so he is good to go!!  He will be keeping their cats here with him.
I sent a text to Jace's Kimmy telling her that it was so hot here today that I have had to soak my head under the tap three times to cool off.  She sent me a rather rude text back and said something about it being cold back home today and for the rest of the week.  Some people can be such haters!!
Happy hour was a short affair tonight as supper needed to be prepared and I could hear the bathtub calling my name.  Once all that was done, I headed to bed to watch some TV (John is still watching hockey) and turned out the lights at 9:00 p.m.  I am a tired girl tonight and it is too damn hot!!  The fan is blowing on full speed as I close my eyes.  Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment