Sunday, April 1, 2012

Saturday, March 31/2012

Another nice day has arrived and Hogan and I are up early.  It was rather hot,  sleeping last night and my little fan remained pointed in my direction all night long.  It really is time for us to start thinking about heading home.
I got the initial coat of polyurethane on the panels in the bathroom and hallway before John started on the bathroom wall build and the small cupboard in the hallway.  The painting went quickly but it took a lot of time to build the wall and tinker around building the cupboard.
Charlotte and Keith stopped by for a visit (thank you, now I can rest!!) and we found out that both of them have been battling various issues.  Keith has a enormous bout of gout affecting his toe, ankle and knee.  Now that, is just too nasty.  Charlotte has been plagued by back pain and spasms making it tough for her to get out of bed.  Together, they are the walking wounded.  John and I always carry a pair of crutches with us for those "just in case" moments so we offered them to Keith so that he could move around a bit better and hopefully speed his recovery.  Although his ankle remains quite swollen, he says it is better than it was a few days ago.
They stayed for a few hours and we enjoyed watching the birds.  Once again, the javelin did not show up in time for them to see.  When they left here, they were headed our for supper.
John and I, and Ray and Kay continued to sit outside until the sun went down and a campfire was started to provide a bit of heat.  It was an awesome evening with only a bit of a breeze.
It was steak and potato night tonight and I threw on the spuds knowing it would take a bit to cook them so continued to enjoy the fire until they were ready.   Ray called it a night and headed for bed and I went into the bus when my steak was cooked.  It was delicious.  John and Kay were going to have another beer before they ate.  Once I ate, I too headed to bed and spent the rest of the night listening to John and Kay eat their meal then continue partying.
For some reason, I was feeling rather nauseated and believe I had a touch of the flu. I was up and down so much I felt like a yo-yo.  Of course there is NO MERCY around here and I received none!!  Payback is a bitch guys!!
Eventually it was time for the party folks to finally go to bed.  It was morning!!  Kay's birthday is tomorrow (or should I say today!) and her Dad is making the trip here from Phoenix to help her celebrate.  She needs some sleep before he gets here!!
Well, I would say good night but actually, it is good morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment