Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tuesday, April 10/2012

Well I had a good sleep last night and both Hogan and I are up early.  The sun is shining and it is a good day for us to take a walk out in the open area on the other side of our fence.  Hogan runs around like an idiot and usually "does his business"and that is a very good thing as I then do not have to take the famous sh_t shovel over to Ray and Kay's and do a clean up!!  One should never poop in their own yard you know!!
Well hopefully today we are able to get the bedroom floor laid.  Once that is done, I will throw a quick stain on it and get at least one coat of polyurethane on it and that will have to do until we are back here in December.
I started cleaning the bays under the bus today getting things straightened out and packed properly for the trek home.  That is just one less job that needs to be done now.
We did get the bedroom floor done and while John was working on the closet space in the other bedroom, I stained the newly laid floor.  I am using a dark walnut stain and it actually turned out quite nice.  We got favourable comments form everyone and that was good.  I think I will try a second coat on a couple of the sheets that did not quite turn out the way I was hoping.  Although the bed will cover most of the area, I still want it to look nice.  And, since no one will really see this floor, it is a good place to experiment before we tackle the living room floor when we return in the fall.
Happy hour was later today for John and I because of the floor project but we did manage to participate.  While we sat around having a few refreshments, I threw a chicken on the barbecue and used some of the Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce on it.  Kay was telling me how good this sauce was so I decided to try it out on the chicken.  It was delicious and even John commented on how good it was despite the fact that he does not really like chicken!!
With supper over and done with, it was time for me to head to bed.   John, Ray and Kay stayed up for a while longer but everyone did retire early.  All in all, it was another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment