Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Saturday, April 14/2012

It did rain during the night and although the ground is wet this morning, I don't think it rained quite as much as what was predicted.  The sky is still rather heavy and it does look like we could get more rain through out the day.  I just returned from Hogan's and my walk out in the "north forty" and there is a nasty, chilly wind blowing making it a, not so pleasant morning.  Needless to say, our walk was a quick one!!
Today I will put another coat of polyurethane on the bedroom floor.
With the floor now covered with the second coat of poly, my work for today is done.  It is too chilly to really do anything.
The majority of the day was spent watching TV.  I can't read as something had happened to my Kindle and it will only show me the bottom half of the screen.  Now how can one read when there is only half a page!!  I think it is time for the Kindle Fire!!
John and I watched the Canada/USA women's hockey final.  Canada won in overtime securing the gold medal that has eluded them since 2007 and put an end to the USA successful run.
Once the game was over, John started the "campfire in a can" and we sat inside the trailer for the rest of the evening. Now we have not done that since moving in from the desert!!  Ray's nephew came over to visit with them and once he left, Ray and Kay joined us in the trailer.
Hogan, unfortunately had a bit of a run in with Pepe La Pew tonight so needed some tomato juice and a bathtub.  Gee, I bet you can't guess whose job that was!!!  I think I stunk worse than Hogan did at the end of the session.  He did not receive a direct hit so that was a very good thing and I only hope that he learned his lesson.  The whole episode certainly did stink up the park though!!
We all headed to bed with the aroma of skunk in our noses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment