Friday, April 20, 2012

Wednesday, April 18/2012

No more Pepe Le Pew!!
Hogan had me awake at 6:30 this morning.  Actually, I did not even hear him whining at the end of the bed.  John was the one to hear him and woke me up - thanks buddy!!
Even though I said I was not going to obsess about the master bedroom floor any more, I decided to give it just "one more" coat of polyurethane and then I promise not to go back into that room.  With that being done, I cleaned out the little bedroom then prepared to put the stain on the two panels in the hallway.  The staining went well and after the second coat was dry, I covered it with the polyurethane that I have been putting on the walls.  I am out of the floor type polyurethane so the wall stuff will have to do for now.  At least the two panels will have a protective covering over them for the summer.   I should really put two coats on and just may do that before the day is over.  If not, I will do it tomorrow or Saturday.
It is so very hot today, that I had to lie down and wait for the heat of the day to pass.  Native Arizonians say that this heat is nothing compared to the heat of the summer but believe me when I say,  90 degrees is way too hot for me.  It is supposed to be hotter by the weekend - OMG!!
Marybeth came over for happy hour and we watched the birds although they did not seem to appreciate the new birdseed I bought.  Eventually,  the doves and the cardinals did partake in the array of seeds.
Ray and Kay eventually came out to enjoy the evening now that the heat had started to dissipate and a bit of a breeze had come up.  It was quite pleasant actually.  We sat around outside until it was time for me to watch my TV shows.  I left the gathering then re-joined it a few hours later.
Pepe La Pew came for a visit while I was in watching my shows and it wasn't too long before I heard a gun shot and Pepe was toast.  Of course I had to get a pic of its final resting place.  There is a bit of a skunk aroma permeating the air now though.
Eventually, it was Kay and I burning the midnight oil as both John and Ray headed to bed.  We have decided to totally crush the boys in tomorrow night's shuffleboard challenge.  NO MERCY!!  We went to bed plotting their demise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment