Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Friday, April 13/2012

Bedroom floor done


Chip board wall in living room (not done yet)
Oh, Oh, I just wrote the date and noted that it was Friday the 13th!!  Although I am not superstitious, thoughts do tend to cross one's mind.
It is sunny out this morning which actually surprised me as there is supposedly rain in the forecast for today.
Hogan and I got ready to take our morning trek out into the empty acres in the back but as soon as I rounded the corner of the bus, I smelled the skunky odor of the javelina.  There were three of them out there this morning so I had to take time to call them over and feed them.  Two of them were rather skittish and took off but one stayed and I was able to get quite close to him while throwing bits of dog food to him.  He was probably less that 2 feet away from me when the other two decided to come over and scare him away. Hogan was ready to give chase but I kept him on the "safe" side of the fence.  His wounds from his last encounter with the javelina have just finally healed.
The javelina finally moved on and Hogan and I were able to get our little walk in.  He chased a rabbit and sniffed all the areas where the javelina had been.  He was a busy dog!!
Back at the bus, it was time to get the blog caught up and check up on all the friends and family on Facebook.  Once that was done, I had to tackle the bedroom floor.
Well, the first coat of the "floor" polyurethane is on and I must say that it is looking awesome.  I even took pictures so hopefully John will get them uploaded soon.  I also stained the few panels John put up in the second bedroom and got four coats of polyurethane on the "chip" board in the living room.  I think that it will look fine once the other panelling is up and finished.  It certainly is rather unique looking.
The inspector came over and she was impressed with the "feature" wall in the living room and thought that the bedroom floors looked much better with the first coat of poly on it.   We then sat outside for about an hour or so then had to call an end to happy hour as it has now become windy and the clouds have rolled in making it look like we just may indeed get the forecasted rain.
Earlier, while Kay was waiting for her friend to arrive for their trip to Kingman, she was in her garage with Hogan trying to re-wire her speakers.  While doing this, Hogan started barking and when Kay went to investigate the reason for the commotion she saw a white tail deer in the open area behind our houses.  She quickly came over to the trailer where I was working and told me about the deer and by the time we got back to the fence we saw 6 little white tails hopping over the fence!!  Woo Hoo - what a nice surprise this morning.
John worked on securing the two back fenders of the bus this afternoon.    The screws holding them in place stripped out so he fashioned a couple of brackets and now the fenders are secure and rattle free.  They too are ready for the trip home.
With it looking like rain,  I put all the lawnchairs away so that they would remain dry.  John moved the quad under the canopy and we threw the tarp on the jeep - just in case!!  This morning, I put the four kitchen chairs I got from Marybeth into the shed so that they would be protected from the weather.  While doing so, I noted that they each had a manufacturer's stamp on them so googled the number and found out that they were made sometime between 1950 -1963.  Each chair is worth between $45 - $65.  I had to chuckle because I got the four chairs and the table for $50.00.  BONUS!!  Thanks Marybeth!!
Supper was a simple affair tonight.  John wanted grilled cheese sandwiches and I reheated the sweet and sour pork up and threw it over a bed of rice.  It was TV for the rest of the evening.  John watching hockey and me watching the Lionel Richie and Friends special.  It was totally awesome by the way.
I would have read my book but the other day at the Laundromat, I went to turn it on and only half the screen would come on so I am afraid that I need a new one.  I must have John order me another one before we head home.  I think I just may have to order the new Kindle Fire.  At least it has a back light and I can read it with out a light on beside me - bonus!!
Must get my beauty rest as tomorrow I need to put another coat of poly on the bedroom floor.  I am actually looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment