Friday, April 20, 2012

Thursday, April 19/2012

I am up early and it is already hot.  Oh Boy - here we go again.  I looked outside to see if the body of Pepe was still "lying in state" but Ray had already been up and out dealing with the carcass.  That is a good thing!!
It is time for me to do laundry again so I got everything ready and loaded into the jeep and already I am sweating.  Nothing good will come out of this!!
Once back at the bus, I was more than ready to sit and relax.  I just don't think I will be putting on the second coat of polyurethane on the hallway floor today.  When I stepped into the bus,  John had the air conditioning on and it was incredibly cool in there.  Thank You for that.
While I was away, the UPS man came by and left my new Kindle.  It is not a Fire and that is okay as I really have no inclination to use it for anything but reading my books.  It is a Kindle Touch and does everything my old Kindle can do and probably more!!  Now I can start reading again.  Woo Hoo!!
I managed to grab a bit of a snooze before having to get ready for the shuffleboard tournament.  Tonight is the last one for the season.  I am not the designated driver tonight so it is the night I too get to kick up my heels!!  The cab fare is only $10.00 so that will not break the bank.
It was a sparse crowd down at the bar tonight.  Many of the regulars have headed back to their homes, and Cloud was sick tonight so we made do with those who wished to play from the patrons at the bar.   Kay was my partner tonight and we managed to bring home the winnings.  Wow - $15.00 each!!  Woo Hoo.  We completed the tournament with John and Ray as well and once again kicked ass!!  Then a couple of guys (Todd and Adam) challenged Kay and I to a best out of three game as well and although we lost the first game to them, that was the only game we lost all night.  We truly ruled the board!!  I should drink more often!!
Once the Bar 7 closed, we walked over to La Cabana (a bar we normally do not frequent) as Sally had just called "last call" at the Mecca.  We continued to party for another hour or so then caught a cab back to the park.  All in all, it was a good evening, one that I enjoyed and will remember.  And one where GIRLS ROCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment