Friday, April 13, 2012

Thursday, April 12/2012

I am up early and off to the laundromat - again!!  A woman's work is never done (so the saying goes) and a truer statement has never been uttered.  There is always something for us to do.  I guess one could say, it keeps us out of trouble but at this point, I could use a bit of a rest.  The trailer renos are almost done, well I thought they were until John said something about finishing the hallway before we go home.... WHAT!!!
Once I was done with the laundry, Kay and I took their truck into Surprise and stopped at a few shops.  One was Home Depot where I got a gallon of polyurethane for the floor in the bedroom (which is different from the stuff I was using on the walls) and a 100% lambswool applicator.  Apparently I need to apply the poly with that!!  By the time I am done with these floors and the walls, I will be the Park's resident expert on staining and polyurethaning wood!!
When Kay and I arrived back at the Park, John had been busy cleaning and tidying up the pull behind trailer for the trek home.  The job was almost done and I am sure it took more than a few hours to complete.  The bays under the bus are almost done and now the trailer so,  ever so slowly we are getting things ready to leave.
We headed down to the bar for our weekly shuffleboard tournament and got the wonderful surprise of seeing Lorne and Marilyn sitting at our usual reserved table.  What a nice surprise.  I knew that they had landed in Phoenix from Hawaii ( still mad about that!!) on the 11th by assumed they would be heading straight back home from there.  It did cross my mind that they may perhaps stop but it never really did take hold so  I was pleased to see them.
We spent the evening together while the tournament went on and once again Kay was a winner, taking her share of the winnings for the third week in a row!!  She is a deadly player and tonight was no different.
Once the tournament was over, we started our usual best two out of three games with John and Ray and once again the girls kicked some man ass!!  Ho Hum .... starting to get tedious now!!
We were finally able to sit for a bit and chat with Lorne and Marilyn while eating supper.  They then had to leave as they were hoping to get an early morning start for their trek home.  They are hoping to be there by Sunday.
We soon followed suit, waiting for Katie (one of the waitresses at the Seven) to get off shift as we were giving her a ride home.  Once she was ready, we piled into the car, dropped Katie off and headed home.  Finally, we had an early Thursday evening although John decided to sit outside in the dark with the dog for a few more refreshments.  It wasn't until he started throwing the ball against the side of the shed for Hogan that I thought I might have to go out and kick him off his chair!!  Jeez Man - what is with the noise???
Peace and Quiet is a good thing!!
He finally came in and all was finally quiet and sleep soon followed.  I will need some rest tonight as that floor in the bedroom is calling for polyurethane tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment