Monday, April 2, 2012

Sunday, April 1/2012

I took a gravol tablet last night to help control the nausea and it usually makes me sleepy so,  needless to say, I got up later today.  Already it is close to nine o'clock.  Wow, that is real late for me!!
The nausea is gone but I still feel a bit under the weather.  Never the less, I promised to make a slow cooker of baked beans for Kay's birthday today so I had better get on it.  I also have to make Kay some peanut butter cookies which I am told are her favourite.  Both John and Ray are cooking ribs and I think Ray said something about making a potato salad.  The food is covered.  Kay's Dad who she calls "Pops" is supposed to arrive around two this afternoon and there is only one rule when he is here - no swearing!!  Oh Dear!!
Well the beans are in the slow cooker and doing their thing.  I used a recipe I got from one of our friends back home and they will be delicious - thanks Betty!!
I got the cookies done and they are rather tasty - even if I do say so myself!!  I hope Kay likes them.  I even stuck a candle in one of them!!
John stuck the ribs on the grill and once they were done, we headed over to Ray and Kay's.  Her Dad and stepmother had already arrived.  The food was awesome and there were enough ribs for an army!!  Ray's had an awesome bbq sauce on them and I managed to snag a couple of them for the next day!!
Kay's "Pops" was awesome.  For 90 years old, he is a busy man.  He loves Kay to death and that fact came through during the conversation I had with him.  "She is a wonderful girl" he tells me.  I actually sat  inside the kitchen with him and Kay's stepmother to eat while the others ate outside.   Pops has a keen interest in what is happening with all his children and seems to be enjoying his life.   He still drives!!  Awesome!!
With the departing of Pops and his wife, Kay, Marybeth and I went out to the patio where we spent some time chatting and bird watching.  There were a few brightly coloured birds out and about today and they certainly added some much needed colour to the landscape.   John had headed home earlier and Ray was busy trying to register the Kindle Fire he had bought Kay for her Birthday.  I am so jealous as it has a back light which means she can read it without a light being on,  Soooo jealous!!
Marybeth and I soon left, both headed for our respective homes where I spent the rest of the evening simply relaxing and watching TV.  The Country Music Awards were on and that was 3 hours long so that took up the majority of the evening.  All in all, it was another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment