Monday, April 9, 2012

Thursday, April 5/2012

It is cloudy out today so the temperature will not be as warm as yesterday and I must say, that does not make me too sad!!  Hogan and I are up early and are ready to greet the day.
Kay and I are supposed to be going to Walmart today so that should be fun.  Girls day out!!
I was texting with Jace this morning and he tells me there is another snow storm scheduled for them so I am glad that I am missing yet another one!!  Although I want to get started for home, I do not want to see any snow along the way or once I get there.
Kay and I headed into Surprise and did our shopping and it wasn't too long before we had spent a few hundred dollars.  A fool and her money are soon parted!!
Once back at home, I got busy and polyurethaned all the stained panelling.  They are all done now except for another coat and they do look nice.
It was soon time to get ready for the weekly shuffleboard tournament so after we all showered and made ourselves stink pretty we climbed into the car and headed out.  When we got there, I was told by Erika (who signs people up for the tournament) that I was scheduled to play tonight.  Drats!!  My partner was Tom, him and I certainly did not do very well and were eliminated from the winnings after our second game!!  The night's winners were Kay and Cloud!!  At least part of the money came back to the park!!
Once the tournament was over, it was time for the "real" challenge - Kay and Marie against John and Ray. So far, Kay and Marie are winning the battle.  Today, while in town, Kay and I stopped and picked up crying towels for John and Ray so that they could be presented to them when we once again kicked their asses in the best of three games.  If ever there was a day that the girls needed to triumph, today was that day!!
The boys beat us in the first game and were pretty full of themselves but Kay and I came back in the second for a win and totally killed them in the third and final game.  Once again proving what superior players we are.   The crying towels came out and both Ray and John commented on the sheer and utter deviousness of this act.  I think we actually shocked them!!  They both took the jab well and even posed for pictures!!  Thanks Katy for taking them and for taking the one of Kay and I beside the scoreboard showing the extent of our much celebrated win!!
Once the games were over, Kay, John and Ray headed over to the Mecca Bar (where the music is loud) while I stayed behind at the Bar 7 chatting to Erika, Cloud and "The Doc".  He is a dermatologist who comes into the bar every Thursday for supper and a glass of water (lemon wedge included!).  He is quite enjoyable to talk to and I truly enjoyed my time with them.  Once Bar 7 closed, Erika, Cloud and I walked over to the Mecca where I stayed until Ray was ready to head home - I am designated driver on Thursdays.  John and Kay decided to stay and party (as John often says "I'm here for a good time, not a long time") and took a cab home.
I guess there will be no work done on the trailer tomorrow either.  I wonder if it will ever get done?

Jana and J R

Kay and John


Ray and Marie

Ray using his crying towel

The champs!
John and Kay eventually made it back to the park thanks to Max's Taxi.  I was still up watching a movie and apparently Ray had been watching a movie as well.  He came over for one final beer then it was time for everyone to get the hell to bed!!       Good Night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment