Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wednesday, April 11/2012

It is a bit windy today but the sun is shining and the birds are singing.  I won't complain as I did notice that it is still below zero again this morning back home.
I took another look at the bedroom floor this morning and I do think I will do another coat of stain on a couple of the panels - just to see if I can darken them up a bit.
With that being done, I headed into town for some shopping.  When I returned, John was already working inside the trailer.  He now has most of the second bedroom's closet done.  Once the two of us started working together, the work actually went quite quickly.  We even got the "feature" wall up in the living room area.  Now all the panelling needs to be stained and polyurethaned.  Is my work never ever going to get done?
Before I went into town,  I stuck some boneless pork ribs in the slow cooker and since that is now done, I will make a sweet and sour sauce for them.  Rice and stir fried red and green peppers to accompany and supper will be ready.
The hockey playoffs are starting tonight so instead of happy hour,  John chose the NHL!!  WHAT!!!
It was another quiet evening for us.  Well except for the gun fire we heard.  Apparently Ray spotted a mangy old coyote in the north forty that he said looked real sickly so took a shot at it in the hopes of putting it out of its misery.  I don't know if he hit it but hopefully he did and it no longer has to suffer.
The quiet once again descend upon us so that we could relax and store up the energy needed for tomorrow night's Shuffleboard tournament.  I would think that both Ray and John need to store all the energy they need if they have any hopes of besting Kay and I!!!!  Rest Well Boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment