Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday, October 31/2011

Happy Halloween to everyone out there.  It was quiet this morning until some early shooters came to visit.  God, you would have thought that I would have been used to Americans and the love they have for their guns by now.  Why are these people not at work!!
We will be heading into Billings today and dropping the jeep off at a four wheel drive shop where they will install a new bumper (complete with tire carrier and gas can holders) and new tires.  John tells me we then can safely take the jeep out and do some four wheeling.
I will hit up the local Walmart and hopefully Cabelas to buy myself a Tilly hat - something I have wanted for a while now.  It will be my new hiking hat!!
Breakfast, showers and dishes washed and put away, we head down the road.......
The shop for the jeep was an easy find and I thank the invention of the GPS for that.  We found it with no problems then decided to stop at the local Walmat before heading over to the campground.
With the shopping done we soon discovered that the campground was closed for construction, that was a bit of a bummer, now we needed to find another spot.
We travelled down this awesome little road called River Dive (which followed the Yellowstone River) and soon found a fishing access road.  Awesome - turned in only to read the sign that said we could not stay in this area after 10pm.  What is with that!!
Back on the road, we eventually found a truck stop we decided was good enough for the night.  Not petty but good enough!!   The jeep will not be ready until Wednesday so we can perhaps find a quieter spot tomorrow.  I don't think any little trick o treaters are going to find us in here so I guess all those little jesey milk chocolate bars ae going to have to be eaten by us ...... I just hate that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment