Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sunday, October 9/2011



Heading to Hooker Lake

Crossing Slide Out




It has turned out to be yet another nice autumn day.  The turkey will be in the oven soon and we will be able to enjoy the smell of it cooking.
I headed over to the laundromat and threw in a few loads of laundry (darned uniforms again!!).  Linen needed to be done in preparation for the trip south.  It will have to then be put into the pods later this week.  I still need to do a few more "big" items ,like our heavy jackets, but that will have to wait until next weekend.
John decided that we should go for one last jeep trip down into the block (ahh, hello, I am cooking a turkey here....)
With refreshments loaded into the little yellow jeep, off we go.  This will be the second trip with it on the trails, the first with the winch on and the first by ourselves.
The jeep ran beautifully and the weather was awesome.  Most of the leaves have fallen from the trees so the color was not as beautiful as the last time we were down there but, there is still something wonderful about nature preparing for winter.  The forest is ever changing and we are so blessed to be able to witness this change.
The turkey was left cooking while we were gone but unfortunately, I can only set the timer for 99 minutes so once we eventually got home, it still needed more time to cook.  Of course this is not ideal but there is not much I can do about that hateful convection oven.  Man, what I would give for a propane powered oven.
Eventually, everything was ready and we enjoyed our Thanksgiving meal.  Oh how I love turkey and can't help but wonder about the Christmas turkey we will be cooking under the trash can in the Arizona desert.



Heading home








Natures chair
With supper dishes done, I headed to bed as I have once again agreed to work another four days in a row.  I really need to stop doing that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment