Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Saturday, October 22/2011

Once up and ready to greet the day, I borrowed Kim's truck and headed into the city.  When I got to Jan's, I phoned John's Mom to invite her out for lunch.  Of course there was no answer.   That woman is never at home!! I left a message hoping that she would finally stop all her running around and make it home in time for us to meet.
Casey phoned and asked what I was up to and would I bring him lunch.  He was working today and I could come and spend some time with him before I left for the winter.  I had not heard from John's Mom so did exactly that.  I stopped at KFC and got him his meal then headed to the Landfill (where he was working).  Who on earth has bonding time with their son at a landfill - for lunch no less!!
It was good to see him again and we sat and chatted for over an hour before he had to go back to work.
I had a few stops to make before heading back to the bus so,  started on my rather short list.  I had a few phone calls from Jace and Kim, adding to the list but eventually made it back only to start partying and playing cards again.  I guess we didn't get our asses kicked enough last night!!
Kim's Mom Gloria cooked lasagna for supper and it was delicious.  I guess Kim had planned a little party for tonight and I was so surprised to see  Casey and Tori walk though the door that I was temporally stunned into silence ( a most unusual state for me to be in!!).  Jace and Casey had had a verbal battle a week or so ago and were not on speaking terms so when he walked though the door, I was very surprised and very pleased.  It was good to see that my boys were together again although a bit restrained.  I am sure they will work out their differences and I keep reminding them that they are brothers for life.
It was fun to see many of our extended "kids" tonight and they all wished us safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment