Thursday, October 13, 2011

Saturday, October 1/2011

Last night, over and done with.  As I was walking home this morning, I heard Dave and Gary talking across the street.  They are supposed to be going moose hunting today for about five or six days.  I walked over to say good luck and had a coffee with them and Shirley before heading to bed.  While I was there, a little stray grey and white kitten came by and parked its self on my lap so I had some four legged company with my coffee.  It was a friendly little thing but a cat is really not in my future at this time.
There was also a stray husky type dog nosing around and Shirley mentioned that the damn thing had crawled into their yard (under the fence) and was bothering Bear and Stitch.  It was too stupid to find its way back out the way it had come so she had to let it out the gate.  Shirley was not impressed because now she had to fix the area where he came in.  It too was a friendly dog but man, was he skinny.  We chased him away because of the other two dogs and wondered how long he would be around before someone got rid of him.  (He was later caught by the town and sent to the SPCA in Battleford.)
It was time for me to hit the bed so I said my goodbyes and wished the fearless hunters good luck.  Shirley would be on her own for a few days so I said we would get together after I woke up later today.
John decided that it was a good night for a bonfire so we invited Shirley over for supper and a fire.  It was fun and after working four in a row, I was ready to party and did!!  The steak that John cooked was awesome as usual and the evening weather was great.  We wondered how the guys were doing and once again hoped they had good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment