Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday, October 28/2011

Mud packed against the ball diamond fence

 damage





Time to get back over to the bus
I woke up this morning to find a bit of frost on the inside of the windows today.  It was a bit chilly in the bus this morning and I am glad that we left the heater on for the night.  Today is the first time I have seen frost on the windows so wondered what the temperature was.  I got on the internet and it told me that it was 26F here which I think is only -3C so that is not too bad at all.
Hogan was growling at something outside and I looked and saw a rather large bushy tailed red squirrel.  He was busy doing whatever squirrels do but it was certainly bugging Hogan!!
After reading about the flooding that occurred this spring, I hope to take the camera and capture some pic for the blog.
Hogan and I did indeed go for a walk and I was stunned by what I found.  There must have been an incredible amount of water in this area as there was debris way up in the trees four and five feet high.  Dirt and debris was packed into the chain link fence and the fence itself looked like it had been twisted beyond repair. Many of the smaller trees were still leaning over leaving a testament as to the direction the water was flowing.  The tree that fell on the building is still rooted in the ground so the ground must have been so waterlogged, the root system could no longer hold it up.  There is thousands of dollars damage just to this little area.   Sad....
Once back at the bus, John and I collected some wood for a fire tonight if the wind goes down.  If not tonight, then tomorrow will do.   As it tuned out, the wind did not want to cooperate so we spent the evening inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment