Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sunday, October 2/2011

It is hard to believe that it is already October.  We will be leaving this northern country on the 17th and heading for Saskatoon where we will be doing the doctor, dentist, vet thing in preparation for heading south close to the end of this month.  Time certainly does fly and it seems to fly faster the older I get.  Not that I am getting old, mind you!!
While we were sitting around the fire last night, Shirley mentioned that she had some moose ribs in the freezer that she was planning on throwing to the dogs because she did not like the way they tasted when Dave had cooked them on the bbq.  Once I found out that there was nothing wrong with the meat itself, I said I would cook some in the slow cooker for supper today.  I am headed into another four days of work starting tomorrow and I like to have leftovers in the fridge so that I can take at least one meal to work with me.
There were some baby back ribs in the freezer that needed to be used up so I headed over to Shirley's and picked her moose ribs up and the baby backs.  She was busy in her kitchen dealing with the two boxes of tomatoes that she had got out of the garden a while back.  There were several ripe again and were calling for either salsa or simply canned tomatoes.
Since I was heading to work tomorrow, I did a few loads of laundry in Gary's wash machine as he had told me several times through out the summer to help myself to the machines it I wanted.  It was handy and I certainly appreciated the gesture.  It is really wonderful to have such great neighbors that make sure we know where the keys to their houses are so that if we ever need anything, we are free to go in and get it or use the appliances or the bathtub!!!
Beef and Charley stopped by for a beer and Shirley arrived while they were here so we all had a little visit.  Supper was not quite ready so it was a nice way to pass the time.
Supper was awesome and the moose ribs cooked in the slow cooker were great.  Even Shirley liked the flavor so now has decided NOT to give them to the dogs!!  She said she will cook some for Dave this way and have them ready for him for when he comes home from hunting.  I have never met a man who is always hungry like Dave!!
Good food and good friends - what a way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment