Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday, October 6/2011

Last day today for this week.  I am looking forward to my days off.  We have been invited to Beef's home for supper on Friday so that will be fun.  His Mom is cooking fried chicken and already my mouth is watering.
It is Thanksgiving this weekend and I am determined to cook a turkey,  even though it will only be John and I here.  Jace has headed up to Rocky Mountain House, Alberta for a get together with all his buddies for "The Annual".  He has been going there off and on for over 15 years.  It will be a weekend of fun and frolic for him.  Casey will be staying in Saskatoon and doing who knows what!!
Finally done and back at the bus.  It has been a long four days with me once again going in an hour early. It is going to be a hell of a winter for staffing at the home and I truly wish them luck.  I can't imagine that there will not be a lot of overtime for the girls.
Gary came home today from the moose hunting trip and brought both his and Dave's share of the moose meat with him.  He had it hanging in his garage and when John went over to talk with Gary he was surprised to see just how little the two pieces were.  He also said that it smelled rather foul.  Apparently, it had been shot on Monday and had been hanging in the forest (not refrigerated) since then.  The weather has really not been that cool so i can't imagine that that can be too good for it.  I am sure that there will be more drama to come when it comes to this moose meat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment