Saturday, May 4, 2013

Wednesday, May 1 / 2013

Heading out
Needless to say, we got a much later start today.  I was feeling a bit "under the weather".  I think I had too much to drink last night!!  God, I hate that feeling!!  When we finally did get into gear, we filled all the propane tanks, topped off the fuel tanks and headed down the road.  We are finally crossing into Canada today.  Home Sweet Home!!
191 N MT

US Customs

Getting truck checked out on the Canadian side


Our spot for the night

Our first Saskatchewan sunset



We arrived at US Customs and being that there is very limited space as to where one is to park, John stayed back at a road side pull out while I took the truck in for inspection.   All the paperwork was in order so once the serial number was checked I was free to go.  Wow, I had just become an "exporter"!!
I headed into Canada to become an "importer".   At Canada Customs, they too checked the serial number and got all the paper work done up.  $600.00 later (GST and PST paid), I was free to go.
John too, sailed right through the check in process with the guard only wanting to check the serial number on our quad and he also checked Hogan's papers to see if his rabies shots were up to date.   Now that is the first time our guards have asked about the dog.
Anyway, it took about half an hour to cross back into Canada and then we were officially HOME!!
We stopped for the night at out usual spot in the "gravel pit".  It is a great place to stop.  It is quiet and we can usually get a real nice pic of the sunset.
John decided to start going for a walk every night so him and I did just that .  We walked about a mile and both him and I were glad to get back to the bus!!  We are both out of shape.
When we got back, John got our supper going.  Steak and baked potatoes and sautéd mushrooms.  Mmmm.   Once that was done and consumed it was time for me to go to bed.  It was only 8:30 in the evening but I am tired and I think I am getting a cold.  I think I am exhausted from all the stress of driving and not to mention my partying last night!!  OH, there's that song again.....The old grey mare she ain't what she used to be.......!!

No comments:

Post a Comment