Monday, May 20, 2013

Tuesday, May 14/2013

Sunset on the farm


I awoke in the middle of the night to thunder and lightening.  Hogan was bugged about it as well and left his favourite chair to come and sleep beside our bed.  He was not impressed with the whole weather thing!!  It was nice to hear the soft rain on the roof of the bus and I had forgot just how loud the thunder can be, especially at 3:00 o'clock in the morning!!
When I finally got up, the sun was shining and there was not one rain cloud in the sky.  I think it will be a very nice day today.
We spent the day relaxing although John is fighting a nasty cold and is coughing and hacking like crazy.  I am taking all the appropriate preventative measures, as I do not want to get what he has.  Working on the weekend is advancing and I do not want to be ill for my first days back at work.  Phoning in "sick" is not an option after the winter the girls in Leoville had so hopefully I will dodge this bullet.  The girl at the home deserve to have a wonderful summer and with me working relief, I hope they get to have some awesome time off.  I am ready to get back into the swing of things at the the nursing home.
There was an awesome sunset tonight and I managed to get a few good pics so hopefully they make it to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment